Thursday, 10 March 2011

Mute Noise


Describing my work is difficult, and explaining it is superfluous.

 Talking with an interesting gentleman at an art installation party event, London Paris Exchange, he too expressed the same sentiment recalling that more than often artist's statements are written very badly.

 When someone asks me to explain my work, I merely point at it. This is how is think; I understand colour more than words. As I have mentioned in my previous post, when writing about a work and translating an entity into another realm, mistranslation can occur not only changing its content, but intent. Its sentiments become filtered.

A pursuit to explain and understand is needless. As this gentleman recalled, "sometimes art can be about nothing", yet even still by neo-representationalist ideals...it is about nothing.

Too much talking, not enough seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment